Friday, February 24, 2012

Unpredictable

 How can the weather go from 60s to snow and back to the 70s in just a few days? Only in NC. I'm not complaning, we have been enjoying the beautiful warm winter days.

 Here is a picture Sadie took in our backyard. Budding photographer? She's learned how to get her finger out of the way, so she's making progress.

 And here we are a few days later in the snow!

 I was just excited we got to use our "no clothes" (as Eli calls them), this is the first year they both had clothes and shoes that wouldn't end up soaking wet.
 Clearly, it didn't last long, but it was fun to have a "snow day!" while it lasted!

 This is a picture of our busy little night owl. She broke records this week with the amount of stuff she was able to pile in the bed around her before she fell asleep. I had to take a picture. My apoligies if you saw this on facebook, but another Sadie funny this week was her telling Eli, "You must bow when speaking to me." His reply was the best, though, when he said, without hesitation, "well, i not speakin' to you." Neither one was offended at the other, the conversation continued on as normal.
Speaking of conversations, I took Sadie and her cousin, Bennett, to a movie tonight. Driving them home I was listening to their chatter (Bennett is 1 month older than Sadie) and they started talking about heaven and hell. They actually ended up in an eschatology debate, Sadie commented that "when the Lord Jesus retuns we will be with him here" and Bennett said "no, when the Lord Jesus returns He will take us to Heaven with Him." Don't ask me my opinion, even using the word eschatology makes me feel smarter than I actually am about such things. I'm just pleased to see my little girl and my nephew talking about the Lord.  

This one, on the other hand, may not be so bright. Or maybe a genius? I was taking just him to the doctor for a flu shot the other day and he was a little ticked that I put him in the car without feeding him first (I like to have a semi-hungry baby when he or she gets shots so I can comfort with nursing). He fussed a little bit then fell asleep, obviously after comforting himself with his own sock. Pretty cute he is, I must say. On that note, it is late, I worked last night....so off to bed it is. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment