Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Harrells are tough

 I was going to copy my friend's idea and post about a day in our life, but I keep waiting for a typical day to happen and we just don't seem to have many of those. So I apoligize, but this is probably just going to be a random post with a few scattered pictures. What's new, you ask? Above is an indoor "picnic" in their pjs, under my new old table. It's hodge podge...a table that was given to us from some of my parent's friends, 2 of my parent's old ladder-back chairs, 3 more ladder back chairs I bought off craigslist for 25 bucks that Steven's grandma stained to match, and a new bench (also found on Craigslist) that I paid 65 for. It's not perfect but it's big and looks kinda like an Amish farmhouse table...I love reading about Amish people and sometimes pretend I could actually live that way. Don't laugh, I'm serious. The kids love it, too, as they can slide up and down the bench during dinner. I doubt the Amish children do that.
 David is officially on the move...with a little help from his siblings. He loves to ride on this with Sadie and so far there have been no accidents. He does seem to get at least one minor injury per day, he is in the stage where he would be safest if I could lock him in a padded room without Sadie and Eli's toys. He is discovering his own ability to move and has led to many head bumps. But he is loving life.
 I just glanced at my title and it reminded me of what I was going to post about. Sorry if this is too much information but if I don't tell it the way it happened it's just not as funny. The other day Eli had tried to go potty (without success, although he is getting better), and Sadie decided to hop on and go. I don't usually watch her potty anymore but since we were all in there with Eli (it's a family affair right now) I noticed she had a rather large bowel movement. I said "Sadie, that's huge, did it hurt?" Without hesitation she said "Nah, Harrell's are tough". Trying not to laugh, I said "you are a good potty-er" and she replied "I think I should get some candy." She's an addict, I'm afraid, to anything sweet. As for the "Harrell's are tough" statement I'm afraid it's just something their Daddy has taught them to say. We actually are raising a bunch of scaredey cats in this house. Eli is currently obseesed with the old "Three Little Pigs" movie, but whenever the Big Bad Wolf makes his appearance he puts as much space between him and the tv as possible, still being able to see what happens. Bravery is not his strong suit, we'll work on that one.
That's enough rambling for one night. Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day! It was pretty much an ordinary day around here. Steven and I decided years ago to not put much time and money into Valentine's Day, instead we celebrate August 13th, which is the day, in 1999, that we started dating. Ask him what he's planning this year. It was fun to make Valentine's cookies with the kids and my sweet mother-in-law always gets us Valentines. For the kids it's just another day to rack up on some good candy. Hope your day was sweet, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment