Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A new way to shop.

Posted by PicasaI took the kids shopping with me today (which I rarely do these days) and we went to Babies R Us for a gift. I was standing in front of the strollers, holding Eli, trying to figure out what to do with him while I put the box in the shopping cart. I decided to let Sadie hold him on her lap for just a minute, but it worked out so well that we finished our shopping trip that way, all the way out to the car! I might just venture out again tomorrow, who says a 2 year old can't be a helpful big sister?
We are having a good week here on Legacy Fare. Sadie took a special trip with Daddy yesterday to Charlotte to spend the night with Nana and Papa while he took a short business trip to Atlanta. Eli stayed in Greensboro and Steven's parents kept him while I worked overnight at the hospital. Oddly enough, my brother came to crash at our empty house on his way to a job in Raleigh today, so we were just all over the state of NC last night. Sadie got to see her Nana on her birthday as well as 3 of her cousins and 2 friends this morning. She had a blast, but I did miss her. I'm so thankful we have such wonderful parents that take such great care of our children for us when we need them to! Apparently though my parents did something to offend Blackie, Sadie's stuffed dog that she took with her to Charlotte, because Sadie told me twice tonight that "Blackie doesn't like Nana and Papa". Interesting.
We took a short trip to Pinehurst to see the Kirbys and meet their new little one, Claire. She's precious, as expected. I have been reading Jenn's blog for quite a while now (I am so proud of myself, I think I figured out how to change the color and make a link!) and she is a big reason I do this now. Matt and Steven went to NC State together and since college they have become some of our favorite couple friends.
As I said before I did work last night and I have spent way too much time trying to upload the picture above so I think I'll call it a night. The kids are sleeping and so must I! Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. So I didn't know you had a blog! You need to keep me updated on these things! Cute picture. I don't know that I am quite ready to try that with Raylie and Mary Addison; you are braver than I am.

    ReplyDelete