Saturday, August 1, 2009

Can't get me


I had a great week this week. I worked on Sunday then had off until tonight (Saturday night). I'm obviously not working too hard if I have time to blog :). I started running again this week with the jogging stroller (Sadie calls it the "dragon stroller) which has been great. I ran 3 days in a row and was doing 1.5 miles by the last day. I took Sadie 2 days and Eli the other, they both loved it. I can no longer smugly look at other mothers when they complain about their early risers as both my children now like to wake up before 7, Sadie used to sleep until 8 or 9 but those days seem long gone. Very sad. But I decided I need to stop fighting it and just get out of bed and be productive. So the running has started. And cleaning. And making dinners. However, it caught up to me. I woke up Thursday morning, the day I had a fun baby shower for a friend from work planned, with sore breasts and a headache (the beginning of Mastitis for me). I finished cleaning but was determined not to get sick, so I took a nap that afternoon and was in bed by 9 that night after the shower (which turned out great). I have learned that nursing as much as possible and going to bed are the tools I need to fight off Mastitis...and it has worked! I won this one, thank the Lord, and did not get sick. I do have to give Eli some credit, he is a great little eater.




More excitement from the week, Sadie is making some progress on the potty training. We bought her some panties at Walmart and she decided to wear them on Thursday morning. She stayed dry for about 4 hours, peed twice in the potty, then got in trouble and peed all over the floor. I was still proud of her and thought she looked so cute with her panties on (although they are way to big for her). She hasn't worn them since, but we're not pushing her. My goal is to clean up as few accidents as possible. It's funny to me that her vocabulary is much better than her potty skills, some examples: "don't boder me, I not finished", or "I need a diaper change", or "da poop is coming!!". So fun.




We have a fun week planned as Steven heads to Texas with his Grandma (a work trip) and I take the kids to Charlotte. We'll hang out with the family, including Dickson on his 5th (I can't believe that!) birthday and my Dad who also shares the birthday (which has been forever overshadowed). Hopefully we'll see several other friends as well while we're down there. Until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment