Friday, July 24, 2009

Needed

I have always liked to feel needed, and I certainly felt that this week. My 2 year old and 3 month old are always quite needy; I must immediately (and exactly on the right spot) kiss Sadie's injuries, she is not completely potty trained, she wont eat much unless I make her, and Eli is still pretty much completely helpless. You would think this would be enough for me, however, this week I was especially in demand. Every 6 months, you see, I travel with Steven to Reidsville where we go to the much dreaded dentist. He will not go alone. He also will not come back for a filling so when he comes for a cleaning they make him stay to take care of it. I had just finished with my cleaning and went in to check on him as I knew he was having the cavity filled. He had already been numbed but the drill was just starting up. I walked in to hold his hand because at this point he turns from a professional, strong, manly man into a scared little boy. Sure enough he held tight and as I stood there comforting him I was fulfilled to think that my husband also needs me. Maybe it's just nice to think, even if it's not true, that your loved ones just can't make it without you. I am thankful that for now, the Lord has entrusted my dear husband and children into my care, and I pray that I do a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment