Sunday, July 12, 2009

Back to work...

I never thought I wouldn't be a "stay at home mom", however, I find myself at work tonight with 2 little children at home. I have 2 choices about this, I can pout and complain and become very emotional about leaving them (which I am guilty of doing at times), or I can count my blessings. Even though I don't prefer working over being with my family, I do enjoy what I do. I have a boss that is very understanding about priorities. I am now working part time, which consists of one 10 hour day shift and one 16 hour night shift per week... not bad. When I leave my children it is usually with a grandmother, their daddy, or a dear friend, all people that love to be with my kids and who I trust completely. I was walking through the NICU my first night back, feeling sorry for myself, when I saw a mother reluctant to put her premie back in his isolette for the night, but it was "shift change" and time for her to go home. I realized that these poor mothers have to leave their babies here every night, which now that I have children I know how hard that is to do. I should be thankful that the Lord has blessed me with 2 healthy children and truly,I have missed very little of their lives. It is a wonderful bond that connects mothers with their children, and I am thankful to experience it!

No comments:

Post a Comment