Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

This post is way overdue, but we have finished our summer with a bang and a lot of traveling. We went to Hilton Head last week with my parents for a few days and after coming home and working we seemed to take all week to get the house back in order. Vacations didn't seem to be that much work when I was a kid, I'm not sure what happened to change that, I guess I grew up. Here is a picture of Eli and my Dad at Hilton Head.

This long weekend has been great, Friday night we went to dinner with some friends and my parents came up from Charlotte. My brother and his family joined us Saturday for a great family day of swimming, riding the four wheeler, and going to see the cows in the back of the truck (www.armoredsquirrel.com for a picture). Sadie faked her nap so was quite tired by the time her cousins left and actually fell asleep in my Mom's arms (she didn't mind a bit). Yesterday was Steven's parents 40th anniversary (Congratulations Benne and Carolyn!) and we spent the day with them as well as Leslie's oldest 3 kids so Sadie had yet another fun cousin day. Today we went to Mountain Top for the annual Labor Day Picnic and enjoyed the day up there. I was a little embarrased, however, because the brochure said "bring a picnic lunch, drinks will be provided" So I got up this morning and made sandwiches, threw an open bag of chips and some grapes in the cooler, and we were off. I was dismayed to find out it actually was a PotLuck lunch and there was a beautiful spread of food that I couldn't contribute to (I wasn't about to cut up my boring ham and cheese sandwiches and put an open bag of chips on the table). So we sat in the corner and quietly ate our sandwiches, if anyone asked I was tempted to tell them we were "gluten-free" or something but thankfully no one noticed. I did hit the dessert table though, I couldn't resist. Oh well, live and learn.




Tonight we got home and enoyed a few hours outside, coloring, playing with play-dough, and working in the yard. As usual our little tomboy ended up shirtless, thankfully no peeing in the grass tonight, and had a blast helping Daddy with the yardwork.

You can see the famous cows that Sadie loves across the street here, as she carries dirt to the bush that apparently needed some.

And finally, my sweet Eli, who hit 5 months the other day! Such a happy baby.
I am thankful for this life that the good Lord has provided for us, thankful most of all for His salvation and His love for us. Goodnight!




1 comment:

  1. i was confussed about the potluck thing too. luckly i asked my mom a head of time. Lissy was sad that one of her items didn't congeal.

    ReplyDelete