Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Waitin' on pee pee




It is amazing what is exciting to you after you become a Mom. We are currently potty-training Sadie (of course she picks the weekend we go out of town to decide to start wearing her panties, as if my Mom didn't have enough on her hands with Sadie, Eli, and my 92 year old Grandma to take care of). Despite a few accidents (one doesn't count, she was stuck in Eli's closet and couldn't get out in time), Sadie is doing quite well with using the potty. Anyone that knows Sadie knows she can't sit still for long, so I had to make up a song for those times that the pee pee doesn't come immediately. "Waitin' on pee pee" is the name of the song, the lyrics vary with the mood of the day. Sadie seems to like it. She also seems to like big girl panties, although they don't make them small enough to really fit her. She also would prefer "deer panties" to little mermaid, but they don't make those either. The picture above (in case you're looking at the date), was actually taken several weeks ago, when it was just fun to sit on the potty and read magazines. Now she's so quick I don't have time to take pictures!



Steven and I went away to Baltimore, Maryland this weekend for Todd's wedding. Todd and Steven were roomates at NC State all 4 years, and had been high school buddies since the 9th grade. I will not tell you how they became friends, it is only funny in a 9th grade boy sort of way. We got to hang out with our "NC State friends", including Matt and Jenn (on the left), Maegan and Lee (on our right), and Scott and Katie (not pictured as they didn't quite make it to the wedding). Jenn, Maegan, and I left 5 babies 2 and under (between the 3 of us) so it was quite a night to be out without them. The wedding was beautiful and it was a quick but fun get-away for Steven and I. Eli began chanting "Mamamama" this weekend and one time Sadie looked at him and said "Mama is on a TRIP!" Their first conversation? Maybe. Thank you Mom for being Super Nana this weekend and taking care of my kids! They loved it and we love YOU. Ok it is way past my bedtime so I am out!























No comments:

Post a Comment