Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yo-rick

The fish died. The next morning after I blogged about it....go figure. I had to go to work that morning and didn't have the time or the stomach to deal with it so I told Steven to take care of it without Sadie knowing. He was supposed to talk to her about it but unfortunately she noticed the fishbowl was missing. Her knowledgable cousin Turner filled her in....and showed her where her Daddy had thrown it in the bushes. Not exactly how I had planned to break it to her...but she recovered. Steven keeps talking about getting another one, including a real tank, so she's pretty excited about that.
I wasn't planning on blogging about the fish, again, I've actually been lamenting Eli's improved vocabulary and wanted to record some of the cute things he says before he quits saying all of them. The title of this post is what he has always called yogurt, one of my favorites. He also uses "d" in place of a lot of letters. "Dadie, let's listen to our dongs!" His favorite show used to be "me-me-mo", now it's "Max and Ruvie." Sadie loved "The Soot Book", for Eli it's "The Doot Book." He also likes "Ham and Cheese" (Green Eggs and Ham). Steven loves for him to tell a story, it almost always starts with "Once upon a time, dere was a man walking in the woods..." It usually involves a deer, here lately he talks about crocodiles from Sadie's "peeschool" pond, and how they eat people. Steven tells him stories at night too and Eli's favorite is about Captain "Huk". Not sure where the accent comes from, but when he says marshmellow he sounds British. His reasoning needs a little work, too. The other day he took a toy out of David's hand and I said "Eli, don't do that, he was playing with that ball." Eli answered "He likes it when I take it from him." Real believable, buddy. He is actually still sweet, most of the time. Last night we had a 10 minute conversation about Jesus. I pray he keeps his sweet spirit as he grows up, and is sensitive to the Lord's calling. That's actually my prayer for all my children. Sometimes it seems impossible as the sin natures are blantantly obvious. Like right now, as I realize they are both still awake at 10:30!? I best end this blog and go deal with this....goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment