Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I've entered a new world.

I caved. I was a bit proud of the fact that we weren't pet owners....but things change. This was actually out of my control. I was at work in Charlotte a few Saturday's ago in Charlotte and my Mom took the kids to Southpark Mall to see "The Cat in the Hat," and somehow Eli won this fish. Sadie was immediately in love.

Since he survived in Charlotte a couple weeks I decided to bring him home the last time I was there. Sadie helped me wash out a bowl we had and at Walmart we bought some pretty "jewels" for it. She feeds him every afternoon. It doesn't make any noise, doesn't bark at me or jump on me, and doesn't stink up the house. I think I can handle it.

 In other news, I have survived one week without sweets, and have lost a couple pounds! Goes to show how much damage I can do with dessert! Eli looks so grown up to me in this picture. Steven's Mom was asking him the other day why he is so sweet and he said 'because my Mommy hugs me a lot." I was laying down with him the other day to get him to take a nap and he said "I love you every day....but I don't want to take a nap with you." Oh please stay this sweet forever! This age is priceless, they can communicate with you, they aren't sassy, and they love to just be with you (except when they figure out it's just for the purpose of sleep).

9 months is pretty precious too. Although they have to separate him from the other babies at KidKare (at the gym), apparently he likes to pull hair and hit. I guess it's from the constant defense he plays at home. He is loving his mobility, and getting into everything!! He and Eli have an interesting relationship. When he was first born Eli kissed him a million times a day. Now he touches his face, not sure why he switched but it's the same obsessive behavior as the kissing. Esther managed to capture it on her camera.

So one day they'll fight and wrestle, for now they just show lots of affection. I'll take it.
Goodnight!

1 comment: