Thursday, January 7, 2010

In the Lord's hands

I have to say I am so thankful for a garage. And heat, in our cars and our homes. So many luxuries that I take for granted every day! I am trying hard to begin my days with a better attitude, and hopefully this blog will be reflective of that. I took my little Eli to the doctor today for his 9 month check up and he was almost 18 pounds, officially dropping to the 10th percentile (the highest Sadie ever was!). I attribute this to his recent illness and the fact that he is only still if he is sleeping or almost asleep on my lap. He checked out great otherwise and I was hesitant but did end up giving him the flu vaccine. Such difficult decisions when you can scare yourself to death reading the internet. Who's right? And how to people get so passionate about these things? Maybe I'm just not a passionate person, or maybe I worry too little. I sure hope I am making the right decisions for my children but I guess I just know in the end that I'm not ultimately in control, the Lord is. I do realize I have been given a very serious responsibility with my little charges, sometimes I still can't believe that I'm a mother. I told Steven the other night that if I weren't saved by God's grace and believe in His sovereign care then I would never sleep, I would stay awake for hours with worry after worry. Which kid was that coughing? Should I check on them? That expression Eli makes, is it an early sign of something bad? Sadie is especially thirsty today, does she have diabetes? Should I vaccinate? The list goes on and on. And so, thankfully, the truths I rest on are that the Lord is good, He has given me a wonderful family, and even if my blessings are all gone tomorrow He will still be holding me in His hand.
Goodnight!
Sallie

1 comment:

  1. Girlfriend, I am right there with you! I remember literally getting down on my knees in front of Emma's crib one night and putting her in God's hands (again!) I was constantly getting up and checking to see if she was breathing once she started sleeping through the night (and even before that.) I was driving myself crazy and wearing myself out! Thank God for His ever-attentive eye. I don't know how people make it without knowing Him. Love!

    ReplyDelete