Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"You're driving me crazy"

Apparently sometimes Sadie gets on my nerves. I tell you that because this afternoon, as I was attempting to fix dinner, Eli was army crawling all over the house (it's like a whole new world for him now). He went into the laundry room and Sadie ran in after him. She found her pink scooter which had been outside for a while and was trying to get it past him and the mound of towels on the floor. Quite a difficult task for her, and I could tell she was getting frustrated. The next thing I hear is "Eli! You're driving me crazy!" I had to laugh and I realized that I must have said that to her at some point. Those things sound so different (or do they?) coming out of little mouths!

Thanksgiving has past and it was a nice one. We went to Charlotte and got to spend a couple days there, where I proceeded to get Mastitis. Getting started on antibiotics and 10 hours of sleep Wednesday night did the trick and I was feeling much better by Thursday. Unfortunately (?) I wasn't able to do much to prepare the food but my Mom pulled through by herself (with the help of Mandy, my sister-in-law, and my aunt Tricia) and we had a delicious meal. That night we watched our friend Dickson (Doc) Hendley on the CNN Heroes Award show which was super cool, he was one of the top 10 heroes for 2009 for his non-profit organization, Wine to Water. Check it out! We came home and I worked on Friday night then got to hang out with our friends Todd and Rhonda, Matt and Jenn, and their baby Claire on Saturday. We watched NC State pull through for once and beat Carolina in football. Steven lost his shirt over that one, something that anyone who knows him has seen him do.

Now it is officially Christmas time! I love it. I don't particularly love the decorating, but I do love the results. I almost broke a window today trying to put my new outdoor wreaths up, and the lights I strung over my front door don't work (you really should plug them in first to check). Oh well, the inside is mostly done. I will try again tomorrow! (Or this weekend if my Dad comes up). The children are sleeping, so must I!
Love,
Sallie

1 comment:

  1. That is precious! Only from the mouths of babes... :) Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete