Sunday, May 5, 2013

Life

No real subject tonight, I just felt like blogging and had some new pictures to share. I don't talk about this enough, but the Lord has been so good to our family. I've been studying the life of Joseph in Bible Study Fellowship (awesome bible study for ladies), and how the Lord was with him even in his darkest, most trying, times. I am not trying to compare my life to Joseph's, by any means (for those who aren't familiar with the story from Genesis he was sold into slavery by his brothers at 17, thrown out of his master's house into prison after being falsely accused of rape, then forgotten in prison by those he had helped). Despite those trials he always trusted the Lord and where ever he went people recognized the Lord was with him. The other day I went to Aldi's with my 3 youngest and thought I was all prepared; I had my bags (they don't provide those), a stroller for the baby (which Eli was going to push for me), and a working debit card (they don't take credit). On the way there I realized, however, that I forgot my quarter....which you have to have to use a buggy. I didn't know what to do but pray that someone would let me use their buggy, possibly, after they were done. Shopping without a buggy was not an option. I pulled up in the parking lot and as soon as I stepped out of the car a lady asked me if I wanted to use her buggy. I was amazed, and told her the Lord was using her to answer my prayers. I tearfully proceeded in and was blessed even more to have a friend in the store who had just 1 child and was very Aldi-savvy, she helped me bag the groceries and get my 3 safely back out to the car (after Eli fell and pulled down the stroller, thankfully not dumping Mary Jo out since she was strapped in the car seat) . All that to say the Lord is good and faithful, in the big and small issues of life, and I hope to share more of that with this blog. Here's some recent pictures of 4 of my blessings....
Sadie had "fun day" at her school, it brought back memories of my childhood.

She does know how to have fun!
 I have been able to volunteer some in her classroom lately and have loved being in there. I have felt kind of out of the loop in her life this year with her starting school so I am enjoying seeing what her every day looks like. As an added bonus (and probably not a coincidence) her behavior has also improved!

Eli's enjoying soccer more, but he's still far from being any kind of soccer star. This is how he starts out.....

And this is how he finishes the game....distracted (and usually hanging from the goalposts).
Steven has fulfilled a near 20 year dream of owning a jeep, which will mainly be used to drive to the bank, post office, and pool. Here we are picking Sadie up at the bus stop (just at the end of the road), pretty exciting (not safe) to ride not only in a booster seat but also with no roof! I did make them buckle up for the 200 feet we drove.  
I can't believe this little guy is almost 2! He's talking up a storm and so funny. Here he is after his "hairtut", Grandpa took him and will from now on as he reportedly only shed 1 tear! (when I took him he screamed the whole time). Go Grandpa!! 
He is paying more attention to Mary Jo lately, he calls her "Ay Jo". 
Here he is tonight giving her a kiss.
And here's my little sweetness! Not quite 12 weeks old.
Not so sure about all this.
We love these sweet smiles!!!!!
I hope you and yours can count your blessings tonight, as well! Goodnight! 

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post, Sallie. I'm glad things are coming together for you. I never had any doubt that you could handle all four. They are clearly loved and happy kids.

    ReplyDelete