Thursday, May 9, 2013

Harrell Funnies

A few conversations in our family this week have made me laugh out loud, so I thought I'd share them. Sometimes these things aren't funny repeated, if that's the case I do apologize. I'm also blogging with Mary Jo in my lap and this is her high maintenance time of night, so this might be brief.

I've been volunteering in Sadie's class recently (which is one laugh after another, really), and the other day the teacher was doing a lesson on the difference between turtles and tortoises. On the way home I was telling Sadie that I learned some things in her class that afternoon that I didn't know about turtles. She responded "Well I guess you didn't listen very well when you were in Kindergarten."

Eli is pretty obsessed with Steven's new jeep, especially since we took the top off. If I can't find him, there's a good chance he's in the garage playing on the jeep. This morning on the way to preschool our conversation went like this.
Eli - "Why does Daddy have 3 cars?"
Me - "Good question, buddy."
Eli - "When I get bigger, Daddy can just drive his car, David can drive the pick up truck, and I can drive the jeep."
Me - "What about Sadie and Mary Jo? What will they drive?"
Eli - "Um....they can ride with us."

I can't leave out my fiesty #3 as he is quite the conversationalist these days. On Tuesday I ran into Starbucks to get a couple gift cards for Teacher's Appreciation Week, and while there David grabbed an applesauce (right at eye level, darn marketing), I.was holding Mary Jo and trying to pay for the cards, but had to get it out of his hand before he opened it. Unfortunately, right as I took it from him a police officer walked up and said hi to him....he was furious at me for taking away his food so he took it out on her and yelled "Stop it! Shush!" I wanted to go through the floor, instead I mumbled an apology, grabbed his hand and got out of dodge. I pray he gains a little fear and respect for authority in his 3rd year of life.


That night I made a new recipe, "Spring Green Fried Rice" from Better Homes and Gardens. I thought it was good but noticed Steven just picked at it. This is the conversation that followed.
Me - "So you didn't like the fried rice?"
Steven -"You know I don't like onions, and there was more onions than chicken."
Me - "There was no onions or chicken in it."

I hope you've laughed with your family this week! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment