Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas in pictures...and a few captions.

We started off our Christmas celebrations in Charlotte with the Nash side - Byron and his family came over as well as one of my uncles and his family. My parents bought a swingset off Craigslist for the grandkids to play on at their house and needless to say it was a big hit. Eli simultaneously learned to pump his legs so that was like a Christmas present to me!
 

Mom asked Byron to bring his woodburner and he spent a good bit of the afternoon working on the names of all the grandkids. Steven was just an onlooker. :)
 Here is the finished job!
 He is one happy camper around grandparents/cousins/swingsets.
 All the festivities wore them out! Sadie was soon to follow.
We came home after church with my parents and celebrated Christmas Eve and morning at our house. D was the first one up and he was so excited about his cereal that we couldn't get him to come open presents when Sadie and Eli got started.
 
 However, he did figure out that Christmas is pretty cool.
 Christmas pjs! And Sadie's new Dream Lights pillow pet.
 The only downside of Santa is that I didn't get any thank-you hugs like this one. Next year I might take a little more credit. :)
 Eli's new obsession is Toy Story - these are his Buzz Lightyear sunglasses.
I gave Steven a digital coin bank and a little Bible to carry with him. Saving money and Scripture - 2 of his absolute favorite things!
 We enjoyed a lazy day of playing with toys, the kids got to be with both sets of grandparents and their great-grandma for most of the day, and we finished off the evening by watching the animated version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"
 Mom and Dad had never seen this movie, either, so it was a treat for all.

The next day we went over to Steven's parent's house for the Harrell Christmas - unfortunately I don't think anyone took any pictures! The pictures above are all from my Dad's camera - I am in desperate need of a new camera and hoping to just kill 2 birds with 1 stone when I get a new phone in a couple weeks. Anyways, we had a great Harrell Christmas as well, the kids were thrilled with their presents (Carolyn always does a great job with gift-giving!) and an afternoon of playing with cousins after a good meal. I had to work that night but the kids got to continue the celebration by spending the night at Grandma's.
I am so thankful that our kids get to grow up and enjoy both sets of grandparents and cousins, especially during times like these. We have enjoyed being out of school, last weekend Steven was speaking at a little church in Laurinburg so we got a hotel room the night before... which is like taking the kids to Disney - from riding the cart to the sugar cereal in the morning the kids just love every minute of it. We spent New Year's Eve at a friend's house with a bunch of kids and pizza, then Steven and the big 2 stayed up to watch the old animated Robinhood - Eli's new favorite movie. This morning he told us he had special powers in his belly that only comes out at night - like Robinhood. Tomorrow school starts back which means it is now past my bedtime. Back to reality! And the many nesting projects that are calling my name! Already I have organized and labeled the linen closet, cleaned and organized the laundry room, and started on the kid's closets. I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment