Monday, May 23, 2011

Daddy = protector

 I haven't blogged about Steven in a while, I'm sure it's time. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful husband and friend, and it's fun now to see him as a loving father. Sadie will frequently climb in our bed in the middle of the night, which I don't mind since she usually falls right back to sleep and isn't quite the wiggler she once was. I remember doing the same thing as a child, and actually, I wont tell you how old I was the last time I did it!

Last night, Sadie crawled in our bed and was more awake than usual. I heard her ask her Daddy if there were any scary things around. He gave her a sleepy answer and I chimed in too, although it became clear she was just talking to him. She said she was afraid of a witch. He very sweetly told her there was nothing to be scared of, and the Lord is with us, as well. I felt a little left out as I realized she had no intentions of snuggling with me.

However, I woke up in the early morning light to see her and Steven snuggled up on the same pillow, her asleep in his outstretched arm and holding onto his hand. I suddenly realized that Mom is not all-encompassing. She didn't need me at all last night, she needed him, her protector. I am so thankful that she, and we, have such a good one! 

Thank you Lord that we have a man in our home that protects, loves, and provides for us, showing us through these actions Your grace poured out on our family. 

1 comment: