Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day is never finished....(master got me workin')


I am trying hard to prove to Steven that I work hard around here... so today I went above and beyond the call of duty. My mother-in-law retired on Monday and has been working in our yard some this week. I helped her weed this morning and we did some other things, then decided to push mow our 1 acre yard. Now, I accepted a long time ago that I can never outwork my mother-in-law, or her mother, for that matter. But today I tried. Mowing the grass is pretty gratifying, I like doing work when the results are immediate. However, after about 30 to 45 minutes I was kinda over that. But, we got the job done. I came in, took a shower, and then proceeded to fix supper. After church I came home and was finishing cleaning the kitchen only to discover my dishwasher is not working. I mean, really. Didn't I work hard enough today? I guess not. But as you can see, I did not unload all of the dirty dishes and wash them. I left them there in the hopes that it will magically start working tomorrow. I finally understand now how my Grandma used to leave a sink full of dirty dishes until the next morning after a day of teaching and then fixing supper. My daily quota of work is met and I can not wash another dish. Literally. Wimpy? Maybe. But it's the best I can do.


Plus, I have to leave some time to enjoy these cute young'uns of mine.

Here's Sadie and Steven at a Greensboro Grasshopper's Game that we didn't even get to go to (don't ask, it's another long, boring, story).


I thought it was a good idea to give the kids an oreo on the way back from Walmart. I was wrong.


My little girl is growing up and riding a big girl bike! This was her birthday present from my parents and she loves it. Being 3 suits her. She is more and more fun every day.
Goodnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment