Monday, May 12, 2014

Field trips, soccer, and Mother's Day

After my last post I sent Sadie back to school, my little two to Bible Study with Grandma, and Eli and I headed out to the butterfly farm together with his class. To make it even more special I swung by McDonalds on the way there for some pancakes, Eli is such a picky eater but he can flat out inhale some hotcakes. 

Not many more field trips left with this little guy. He told me today that everyone else cheered when they talked about going to a new school next year, everyone but him and Morris (his cousin and best buddy). I have never liked change, either, so it looks like my little homebody might be the same. Or he just realizes that preschool is a pretty sweet place, it pretty much goes downhill from there, right?
Speaking of a good life, this little girl in the middle here thinks she can run with the rest of them. She absolutely adores her cousins, and they're really good to her, too. Number 5 isn't in the picture but he, Sadie, Bennett and Morris are all playing on a soccer team together. Steven and his daddy are coaching, it is a true family affair. 3 of them have goals already so it's been an exciting season! Back to my little redhead, she is really coming into her own, she might be my fiestiest one (how is that possible??). She can throw a serious tantrum and she's only 15 months old!! She is starting to say a few words though and we are loving her little antics. 
Last weekend was 
Mothers Day and it was a sweet time.   Sadie brought home a folder with things she had written about me all week, my favorite was a story called "Supermom" where I came in and killed a fox. Eli made me something, too, that he was so happy to bring me. Four little blessings, they are. They do drive me crazy, tonight I lost it when I had to clean out underpants, again, I do not understand how you do it my cloth-diapering friends. I feel like we will never get there with D, he does well with the first order of business (not the second!) but it's gotten to where I realize he's missing, start yelling and running towards his voice, only to find I'm a minute too late. Poor guy, he's probably traumatized by my ungodly response this evening and will take days to be brave enough to go again. It's been almost 7 years of diapers, several of those years with 2 in diapers. But I'm not complaining (well maybe just a little), these diaper days are sweet. Stinky at times, but worth every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment