Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ugly ankles

Pregnancies are so different, it seems. When I was expecting Sadie, my first, I felt great. I remember going to work when I was 40+ weeks (I worked a full 40 hours that week, climbing stairs whenever I had down time), and one of the doctors asked me if I was "showing off" my ankles. I was wearing some closed toe heels to go with my skirt, and I didn't really get it, but obviously I had no swelling. It just took one more baby for me to understand the swelling thing. I was showing Sadie tonight that disgusting "sock dent" that I have at the end of every day, and I said "Sadie, look at Mommy's ankles!" She answered "I can't see them!" She does offer to massage my hands and legs, which is so sweet, and tries to help me up, which is a joke since I weigh probably 5 times what she does. The good news is I think I've at least peaked with my weight - it hasn't changed in the last 3 weeks - and hopefully I will never be that high again!  I have continued to go in to the doctor's office at least twice a week for monitoring since she's supposedly small - and the plan is to be induced next Tuesday, the 12th, unless I go into labor before then. I am having some contractions, but nothing that is going anywhere. I've needed Pitocin with every baby, even my first two who I waited over a week to go into natural labor with, so while I would love to just go into labor and have this little girl a few hours later, it probably would never happen. And there are definite advantages to planning the date - I can get my house clean, do the laundry, plan meals for the week, and make sure my parents are here, etc. Plus, I'm really trying to enjoy my kiddos before chaos begins, Sadie has been doing better this week with her behavior but I'm fully expecing a relapse when the baby comes. And poor D, he is clueless as to how his little world is getting ready to change. Thankfully, he wont remember it. Eli seems ok, pretty excited that his Charlotte grandparents and maybe even cousins might come up when she gets here. I really can't complain, I've figured out how to sleep without making my hands ache too bad, and I can tell she's not huge as I've just started to waddle. Thankfully it's winter so I don't have to actually show my fat ankles to anyone. I will try to be grateful that I have now experienced most of the "joys" of pregnancy, and truly I am thankful. Lord willing I will be holding my sweet girl in my arms in just a few short days, with 3 other little rascals that call me Mommy, and a sweet guy who has made it all possible. The Lord is good!

1 comment: