Friday, August 31, 2012

My baby started school!

I have many excuses as to why it has taken me nearly a month to blog, again, but I wont bore any readers I might have with the reasons. Life is just life, busy, fun, and speeding on along. My sweet Sadie started Kindergarten this week! I feel like I have been preparing myself for her first day for a year now...I held back tears at Open House as she found her little desk with her name on it, I had a hard time sleeping the night before, and I jumped out of bed at 6:30 to get her ready. She was excited, Steven and I walked her to her room, she did great. Me too, I was emotional but didn't lose it, battle won! But later that day I was fixing lunch and realizing we had a lot of cheese, and the boys just like PB&J, so I thought to myself "I'll make grilled cheese sandwiches one day this week, Sadie likes those..." then realized that I wouldn't be able to do that. I was prepared for her FIRST day of school, but not for the rest of them. She's going to be there, most Mondays-Fridays, for like, forever! I'm going to cry as I write this but at least I'm by myself, and not in public. I'm so proud of her - which is a little silly because she hasn't done much yet, but those feelings are there regardless. She's growing up and I can't stop it, so I guess I'll cry a little and mostly try to enjoy it. I will definitely cherish our afternoons, weekends, and holidays a little more. Oh, I sound like those annoying strangers that always stop you in Walmart and say "enjoy this time, it's going to go by way too fast!". At the time I'm always like "really? this day has lasted forever already, but whatever"....THEY ARE RIGHT!
In other news, Eli starts preschool next week! He will go two days a week and he is excited, already familiar with the school since Sadie was just there a few months ago. Hopefully he'll make some new friends, he's already got one good one but he's not nearly the social butterfly Sadie is. I am also hoping he'll improve some on his fine motor skills - as of now he has NO interest. One day this summer I was showing Sadie how to sharpen pencils and I gave Eli some crayons and a coloring book and left them alone for a little while. Was Eli coloring when I got back? No, he was "dwordfighting" with 2 freshly sharpened pencils. What a boy. A sweet one, though.
My little D is coming into his own, too, with a fiesty little personality. I don't remember my other 2 throwing all out temper tantrums at this age, but I don't know what else to call it. He is one demanding 15month old! He finally said his first word besides "dada" the other day when he dropped his toy in Wal-mart...you guessed it - "Uh-oh". Now the big kid's favorite activity is to drop something just to get him to say it. Tonight he made an incredible mess at a Mexican restaurant (dragging his sippy cup through the refried beans at one point and dipping his own chips into the cheese dip), I stood him up to brush off his clothes and he looked down at the floor and said "uh-oh". You got that right buddy - that's why this Mama likes to go out to eat!
I think that's a good August update, although Sadie also learned to ride her bike a couple weeks ago without training wheels (her older cousin taught her - awesome) and she has been loving it. Her arms and legs are all scraped up... I should probably explain to her teachers that she isn't that clumsy she's just flying around on her bike and occasionally crashes into things (like the ground). I'm sure it is fun to be able to go that fast on something all by yourself. Hopefully she'll be a little more cautious when she gets her driver's license!
That's it for now. Go kiss your loved ones and have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment