Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bedtime prayers

"Thank you God for our wonderful day, for Daddy's stress (that's just how she prays for everything), for me and Mommy and Eli, thank you God that God doesn't do anything wrong and that the snakes wont get us because they're on the ark, and the mean bears, thank you God for our families, Amen. "
There was more but of course I can't remember it all. It doesn't help that I worked last night and even though I had a relatively "good night" at work, we went to Charlotte and had a busy day so I am hitting a wall about now. Or maybe it's pregnancy brain. Thankfully with little kids their books are pretty easy to read so you can hide your exhaustion fairly well. It was a busy January, despite the yucky weather. Last weekend we had a great Harrell family get together which included 20 adults and 9 kids, 7 of those were 3 and under (from 5 original siblings!). It was a great time, it is fun to see families grow. If Steven's aunt BJ could have come with her family it would have been perfect attendance. As we were wrapping up the party Sadie was talking to one of Steven's aunts about her Daddy, she said he couldn't help us clean up much because he had to work hard, so he could make money to pay for preschool and skittles. A beginning level on economics, I guess you could say. Eli is hammin' it up, as well. He loves to sing "Jesus Loves Me" and even though you can only understand "Jesus" "Bible" and "strong" somehow it is obvious what he's singing. He definitely has a language, I'm not sure if Sadie or I understand him better. "Mon, Dadie" = "Come on, Sadie"...."deenk!" = "drink"...."ov u mommy" = "love you Mommy". And his all time favorite is when he is getting in trouble he immediately puts on a smile and waves and says "Hey Mommy". The name changes for whoever is fussing at him at the time, he thinks he's a smooth operator. Ok, enough about the kiddos, although they are kind of all consuming at this time in life. And pretty darn funny. Last one, then I'll close this disconnected post.....the other day Sadie and Eli were playing together and Sadie couldn't get Eli to stay still, I heard her say "Eli, I'm going to tie you up", in the very next breath she said "Mommy, can I have some tape?".
Hopefully I'll be able to collect my thoughts a little better next time, thanks for hanging in with me.
Sallie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment