Thursday, September 23, 2010

The difference between boys and girls...

My cousin told me this summer about a book she read, talking about gender differences. The author of the book had a little girl and determined to raise her gender neutral (she didn't buy her "girl toys"). She thought she had proved her point that culture creates the feminism of little girl's interest, until she came into the room finding her daughter putting the fire truck to bed. It was tucked under a blanket and the little girl was telling it goodnight in a completely motherly way. If I had any doubts that we are born girls or born boys, from the inside out, they have been erased since having Sadie and Eli. She is so maternal, almost always carrying some sort of "baby" around with her. I have realized this week that the only toy necessary for Eli is a ball. He was throwing apples around today in the kitchen. That and beating things with his golf clubs (usually Sadie). Here are some pictures to prove my point:


You can see the buggy behind Eli, filled with balls (lemons and oranges, actually)

Meanwhile, Sadie's buggy is filled with a good assortment of grains, veggies, and fruit.

 Eli's choice of profession, I guess, includes wearing a hat and yelling.

 Sadie's profession, as suspected, involves babies.

 They did work quite well together at the pizza shop (part time job in a few years??)


And putting on a wild animal show.

 Just a hunch, but I'm pretty sure Papa is the favorite in Charlotte.

 And clearly the admiraion is quite mutual with these two.

I am thankful for my girl and my boy, and that the Lord made them just as they should be!
p.s. Isn't Sadie's new haircut cute? :)

1 comment:

  1. Sadie's haircut is cute! I enjoyed this blog. It is important to note the differences between your children, I think.

    ReplyDelete