Thursday, April 1, 2010

Girl's Weekend

I can finally post about this now because it's over (sadly), but I just had a wonderful weekend in Lafayette, Louisiana, with 3 of my favorite girlfriends. How did we end up there, you ask? Well, it all started with a little romance. My friend, Rachel Thorpe, decided to move out to Louisiana for A BOY several months ago, and apparently it was the right decision because she is now happily engaged to be married in May. We four have been friends since we were kids/teenagers and not had a get together with all of us in almost 7 years. So....Rachel Price suggested to Julie Hylton and I that we make a surprise trip out to see Rachel T. for a girls weekend in Louisiana. Amazingly we worked out all the details, leaving 3 husbands and 7 children behind (Jonathan, Julie's youngest, got to tag along since he's only 8 weeks old - he was a great traveling buddy!). Rachel T. was surprised to tears and we spent the next 60 hours talking, laughing, shopping, and getting to know Reagan, Rachel's soon to be husband.
We've come along way from MTYC Senior Teen week and Skyland Bible Conference, but we still know how to have late night chats.


Rachel Price and Rachel Thorpe


Julie Hylton and me...


Eating at Prejeans...yes, we ate alligator!


Reagan!!! So cute together. We approve, Rach. :)


I can't leave out Jonathan, our handsome little traveling companion. He did great!


The bond of true friendship is strong, and I am so thankful for these girls! May we have many more fun weekends. Love you girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment