Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I love you forever

Ok, so apparently a couple of people read this blog, which not only inspires me to write a little more but it also intimidates me a little. I started this blog because I like to write and I wanted to capture the cute and memorable things my kids do, and even though I will never be MckMama, it does make me happy that people take time out of their day to read it. So, thank you readers!
I found my camera and took some new pictures as well as a video of Eli walking, but now I can't find the cord to download the pics. Oh, how I wish I was more organized! I think I'm getting there sometimes... just don't look at my car right now. Anyways, not what I was attempting to blog about.
I try to always keep a good Mom attitude, enjoying my kids, not getting caught up in silly frustrations, but Sadie had to give me a lesson in it last night. I was rushing around after work, trying to get the kids in bed and pick up a little. Our friends were coming over to watch the Bachelor season finale (important stuff) and I wanted to make cookies. I go upstairs to see if Sadie has finally put her pajamas on and she is sitting on her bed with her little legs crossed reading a book. It happened to be "I love you forever", which we have been reading at night for the past few days. I stopped and watched, unbeknownst to her, as she did her best to read each page. "back and forth, back and forth, back and forth....then she's driving in her car, then the big daddy rocks his mommy, back and forth, back and forth...." I was touched by how well she had absorbed the meaning of the book and reminded ever so gently how precious this time is with my children. The evening went well as we enjoyed our friends and our shallow show, but I went to sleep thinking of my sweet girl and her little voice.
Pics and a video of Eli walking will eventually make it to the blog...
Goodnight!
p.s. MckMama, in case you didn't know, is a blogger who is now famous and making money for blogging, she's very good if you want to check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment