Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The game of Life

When I was in the 4th grade I was invited to AWANA Bible Club by Julie L. What developed from that was a true BFF friendship, including lots of diary reading, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and Friday night sleepovers. On these famous sleepovers Julie and I often pulled out her game, called Life, which is quite a fun little game. We played our own version, however, and would often plan out our own lives. We would start with the current crush, that we were sure we would marry one day. Then we proceeded to name our many children, pick their spouses (from each other's list), and name our grandchildren. Obviously, and thankfully, this is not the way life works. High school, college, husbands, and children later we are still best friends. Though it is still too early to tell if our children might possibly ever marry, it is delightful to get together and watch our children befriend each other.





Here is a picture of Sadie and Anna Grace, Julie's oldest, walking to see the cows.







Having a fun breakfast on the most recent trip Julie and the girls made to Pleasant Garden. Julie has come 3 times now since we moved. The first time she rolled up her sleeves and helped me finish painting closets in my 8 1/2 month pregnant and frazzled stage. After Eli was born she came again and brought food, lots of yummy food, and helped me immensely as I adjusted to 2 kids. This last time I had it a little more together and was able to actually host appropriately.


Hopefully our girls are also making friendships for life. Sadie is 21 months younger than Anna Grace and 3 months older than Abbey.



It is such a blessing to rest in the comfortable presence of good friends.
Love you Jules!

-Sallie

1 comment:

  1. Reading your post reminded me that I am living my dream-come-true-life with my handsome prince! I know you feel the same way. Isn't it wonderful to see God's plan unfolding so much better than we could ever hope for or imagine? Love! M

    ReplyDelete